All tickets: $550 - $550
This brand new introduction to woodworking course for beginners with Alastair Boell in Melbourne has been designed specifically to cut down on training time. Professional training on machines generally took one to two terms but now we're covering it in just five weeks.
- Professional training on 11 woodworking machines.
- Introduction to sharpening hand planes and chisels.
- Introduction to basic joinery.
- Introduction to hand tool etiquette.
- Introduction to glues, sanding and clamping.
- Learn about different timbers.
- Guided through your first project for the following open course, both in terms of timber choice and design appropriate to your level.
This course is designed entirely to give you a full introduction to all your initial requirements so that when you join an existing open class, you can get stuck into your first project straight away. We believe that this is the most efficient way of introducing you to a wonderfully rewarding woodworking experience.